2. Gather pictures and write captions.
3. Scan and upload your photos.
If you have any questions at all, please reach out and we'll help get you started.
1. choose a size.
You can put a vinyl canvas print almost anywhere. Think about where your loved one likes to spend time in their living area, and where they can see it without twisting or straining their body. (It's easy to remove and re-apply.)
Order the largest size that fits so it's easy to see the pictures from across the room, and caregivers can learn something about your person while still attending to them.
If your loved one’s room is wallpapered, opt to print on our high quality Satin paper suitable for framing. A small or medium collage will fit common picture frame sizes.
Top tip: If you have to move a picture to make space for your collage, our thick vinyl canvas will cover any holes left in the wall ; )
2. gather pictures and captions.
This is the fun part!
- Tell your loved one's story! Choose photos that show us their best life, adventures and special times... things we wouldn't know if we just met them.
Find a balance of old and new pictures. Don't worry if they don't really 'match'. Whatever you choose, we guarantee a beautiful result.
Read how to pick meaningful images, and the power of a reminisart.
- Involve your family. Families bond as they uncover their history. Together you will develop a new appreciation and respect for your loved one's journey.
Write captions. These are the clues that spark conversations. Keep them simple and short!
- Add a brief story. In a sentence or two, sum up your loved one's story. Perhaps tell us their philosophy on living, or their secret for a happy life.
- Choose a background. Pick an image in the order form, or upload your own photo. You can also make a request, or select "designers choice" and we'll find something lovely.
*Before starting your order on our website, please double check spelling of names and places. The price of your reminisart includes one round of text revisions. Additional text revisions and changes to photos are $75 per round.
3. scan and upload your photos
- Scan your photographs (or have them scanned) as large, high resolution, high quality, jpeg files. Upload them un-cropped and unedited.
- Any damaged photos can be restored for an additional fee. Digital files of restored photos will be emailed to you separately once complete.
- Finish the order form with any additional requests, check off all terms and conditions, then checkout and pay.
Now our team will magically retouch, enhance, and compose your loved one's life story. We’ll send you a proof for approval, and once you give us the OK, we’ll print, pack, and ship the finished collage to you.
*Top tip: Keep your digitized photos in a separate folder until our team can confirm all is well with your images
Ready to get started? Let's go!
Still not sure you've got it right? No worries!