Step 1. Choose a product size.
The product you choose will determine how many photos you need.
The vinyl canvas we print on can go almost anywhere in a room. Consider how your loved one uses their living area, where they spend the most time, and where there is available space. Make sure they won't have to twist or strain their body to see their collage.
If your loved one’s room is wallpapered, you'll need to go with conventional framing. We recommend a small reminisart, which is designed to fit common picture frame sizes. We’ll print on poster paper; simply let us know in the order form.
Step 2. Get creative with pictures and captions.
This is the fun part!
- Gather your photos. Taking a trip down memory lane and learning new things about your loved one is a bonding and constructive process. For help getting started, read up on on how to pick meaningful images. (To learn more about the positive impact of photography on those in cognitive decline, read up on the power of a reminisart.)
- Write your captions. Captions are the conversation starters. Keep them simple and short: consider including people, dates, activities, or locations.
- Wrap it up with a story. The 'Brief story' should sum up the 'theme' or life story being told through your loved one's reminisart.
- Choose your background. Upload your own background, select one of our exclusive backgrounds, or leave it up to our designer. Looking for something that isn't there? Leave us a comment in our order form and we'll let you know directly if it's possible.
Once you're satisfied with your mix of photos and captions, it’s time to get technical.
Step 3. Upload your images into the order form.
- Scan your images (or have them scanned) as large, high resolution jpeg files. Upload your uncropped, unedited images into our order form. Don't worry if images don't seem to 'match'; that's part of the work our team does!
- Opt to restore any damaged photos for an additional fee. Restored photos will be emailed to you separately once complete.
- Fill in the captions, note any additional requests, check off all terms and conditions, add your product to the cart and authorize payment.
Top tip: Keep your digitized photos in a separate folder until our team can confirm all is well with your images.
That's it! Your part's done.
Our creative team will work their magic to retouch, enhance, and compose your photos and captions in a thoughtful and visually striking way. We’ll send you a proof for approval, and once you give us the OK, we’ll print, pack, and ship your gorgeous reminisart to you.
Ready to get started? Order yours today!