1. Choose a product size.
2. Gather pictures and write captions.
3. Scan and upload your photos.Below are the details. If you have questions about anything, or just want to be sure about the photos you've selected, please connect with us. We love to help! Contact: email@example.com; call or text: 647-496-6184.
1. choose a product size.
The product you choose will determine how many photos you need.
You can put a vinyl canvas print almost anywhere a room. Consider how your loved one uses their living area, where they spend the most time, and where they can see it without twisting or straining their body.
Choose the largest size that fits so caregivers can quickly glance up while attending to your person to find something happy to talk about.
If your loved one’s room is wallpapered, you can opt to print on our high quality Satin paper suitable for framing. A small or medium reminisart will fit common picture frame sizes.
Top tip: If you have to move an existing picture to make space for your reminisart, our vinyl canvas is thick enough to cover any holes left in the wall.
2. be creative with pictures and captions.
This is the fun part!
- Gather your photos. It's actually a constructive process because you can do something for your loved one, under current restrictions.
Involve your family. Engaging your family in gathering photos builds bonds as you take a trip down memory lane and learn new things.
Young people may connect with photos of your VIP at the same age. Together you develop a new appreciation and respect for your loved one's journey.
Select top photos. Most people find a balance of old and new pictures. Don't stress about getting it exactly right. Whatever you choose, we guarantee a beautiful result. For help getting started, read how to pick meaningful images.
To learn more about the positive impact of photography on those living with Dementia, read the power of a reminisart.
Write captions. These are the clues that spark conversations. Keep them simple and short: describe an event, or consider including names, dates, or locations.
- Add a brief story. In a sentence or two, sum up your loved one's story. Perhaps tell us their philosophy on living, or their secret for a happy life.
*Before starting your order form on our website, please double check spelling of names and places!
- Choose a background. You can select from our collection, or upload your own background photo. Looking for something that isn't there? You can ask our designers to pick something, or make a request in our order form. We love new ideas and will try to make it work.
- Have a look at our inspiration page.
- Tune into our live sessions where our founder Sylvia Verkley shows you how other families decided on which photos to use, and how we arranged them. (Dates and times will be posted soon.)
- Book a 30 minute one-on-one Zoom session with Sylvia. Have your photos ready to hold up to your camera, or build a folder with your favorite photos and be prepared to share your screen. $65 per half hour.
- Please connect with us and we'll be happy to help you work it out. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org; call or text: 647-496-6184.
Once you're satisfied with your mix of photos and have confirmed your captions are accurate, it’s time to get technical.
3. Scan and upload your photos to our website.
- Scan your photographs (or have them scanned) as large, high resolution, high quality, jpeg files. Upload your uncropped, unedited images into our order form. Don't worry if images don't seem to 'match'; we'll pull them all together.
- Any damaged photos can be restored for an additional fee. Digital files of restored photos will be emailed to you separately once complete.
- Make any additional requests, check off all terms and conditions, then checkout and pay.
*Top tip: Keep your digitized photos in a separate folder until our team can confirm all is well with your images.
That's it! Your part's done.
Our creative team will work their magic to retouch, enhance, and compose your photos and captions in a thoughtful and visually striking way. We’ll send you a proof for approval, and once you give us the OK, we’ll print, pack, and ship your gorgeous reminisart to you.
Note: The price of your reminisart includes one round of text revisions. Additional text revisions and changes to photos are $75 per round.
Ready to get started? Order yours today!